Terms and Conditions
REFUND POLICY – GENERAL GUIDELINES
1. To apply for a refund, students must submit a written refund request stating specifically one or more valid reasons for the request.
2. After a refund is granted students receive the refund payment by bank transfer, in the currency in which the payment was made, within 30 to 60 days and only under the student name.
3. If a Letter of Acceptance has been issued by Académie Linguistique Internationale (ALI), the refund request must be accompanied by the original acceptance letter.
4. If a Visa is denied, the refund request must be accompanied by a copy of the refusal letter issued by the Canadian Embassy.
5. Promotions are non refundable, non transferable, and non exchangeable. Please note that promotions are made according to specific criteria of eligibility. Should the student make a change affecting any of these criteria, the promotion will be revoked without prior notice and some fees may apply.
6. Refunds can be transferred ONLY to the bank account in the name of the student. If a third party has made the payment, the bank transfer cannot be made to the third party’s bank account.
7. The following items are non-refundable: Registration fees*, Accommodation placement fees (except in cases of visa denial), Medical insurance fees** (except in cases of visa denial), Airport transfer fees** (except in cases of visa denial).**
* Please note that if a promotion where no registration fee was charged was applied, an Administration fee, equivalent to the registration fee will be applied.
**If cancelled within 14 days of start date. *** We must receive your arrival date, flight number and time of arrival two weeks prior to your arrival to confirm your airport pick-up. If you donot arrive within 2 hours of you scheduled arrival time, the pick-up fee is non-refundable
REFUND POLICY – TUITION
A) Requests made prior to scheduled course start date:
- Visa denial: If the visa is denied by the Canadian Embassy, ALI will refund all tuition fees paid in advance.*
- Refund requests received 14 days or more prior to the scheduled start date: ALI will refund all tuition fees paid in advance.*
- Refund requests received less than 14 days prior to the scheduled start date: ALI will refund all tuition fees paid in advance minus one week of tuition.*
B) Requests made after the scheduled course start date or “no show”:
- If the refund request is submitted to ALI within the first 10% of the total study period or if a student does not show up on their scheduled start date, then ALI will refund 50% of the unused tuition fees.
- If the refund request is submitted to ALI within 11% to 25% of the total study period, then ALI will refund 40% of the unused tuition fees.
- If the refund request is submitted to ALI after 25% of the study period, no refund will be granted and no credit will be given for the remaining amount.
- When calculating the refund, the weekly rate may change if the new study period is shorter than the initial study period. Partially used weeks will be considered as completed weeks. Should a student wish to cancel their program at ALI, they will need to demonstrate that it is legal for them to remain in Canada or provide the school with a proof that they will be leaving the country. Students may submit the following proofs:
- Letter of Acceptance and paid tuition receipt in a different school that meets the Visa requirements and duration
- Photocopy of a non-refundable plane ticket stating the return to the country of origin
Should a student not be able to provide these proofs yet wishes to remain in Canada, they will need to apply for a change of Visa status through ALI’s registered immigration consultant to lawfully remain in Canada.
REFUND POLICY – ACCOMMODATION
A) Requests made prior to scheduled accommodation start date:
- Visa denial: If the Visa is denied by the Canadian Embassy, ALI will refund all accommodation fees paid in advance.
- Refund request received 14 days or more prior to the scheduled start date: ALI will refund all accommodation fees paid in advance.
- Refund request received less than 14 days prior to the scheduled start date: ALI will refund all accommodation fees paid in advance minus one week of accommodation.
B) Requests made after the scheduled accommodation start date:
Any student eligible and requesting a refund or change in accommodation arrangements must advise ALI in writing a minimum of 4 weeks prior to change.
If a 4-week notice is given, ALI will refund all unused accommodation fees. If there is no 4-week notice, a cancellation fee corresponding to the price of 4 weeks of accommodation will apply and all remaining accommodation fees will be reimbursed. Non-refundable items will also be deducted from the student’s refund amount.
* Please note that in all cases, the applicable non-refundable items will also be deducted.
**Please note that certain accommodation options might charge extra cancellation fees. Should this be the case, the student will be notified as soon as they request a cancellation. Deposits for keys at certain accomodations are non-refundable.
CANADIAN VISA INFORMATION
Based on the length of study, you may need a Visitor or Student Visa to study at ALI. They can be obtained from the nearest Canadian Embassy in your country. You will need to present a Letter of Acceptance from the school to apply for a Student Visa. Visa requirements vary for each country, so we recommend that you contact the Canadian Embassy in your country or visit the Canada Citizenship and Immigration website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.html to obtain updated information.
* Please note: Maintaining legal status in Canada is the complete responsibility of the student, at all times.