Do I need a visa to study in Canada?

Depending on the duration of your stay, most foreign students will need a study permit to study in Canada. You must complete your chosen course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada. To apply for a visa or to get more information, please contact the nearest Canadian Consulate. Many visa offices have specific local instructions concerning the documentation to be submitted with your application. For a complete list of Canadian Consulates, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/offices/missions.html

Can ALI help me with my visa application?

Yes. ALI’s in-house immigration consultant can assist you with your CAQ (Certificate of Acceptation of Quebec) appli­ca­tion, free of charge, by sub­mit­ting your appli­ca­tion to Immigration-Quebec on your behalf directly from Mon­treal, as long as you send us all the required doc­u­ments.
Que­bec immi­gra­tion reg­u­la­tions are slightly dif­fer­ent from those of other provinces in Canada. To study in Que­bec, you will need to obtain a CAQ (Que­bec stu­dent visa) before apply­ing for a Canadian Study Per­mit. Please note that if a doc­u­ment is miss­ing, your CAQ appli­ca­tion may be delayed or refused.

More infor­ma­tion can be found on the fol­low­ing offi­cial websites:

Immigration-Canada: www.cic.gc.ca

Immigration-Quebec: www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca

Can I obtain a visa exten­sion and how should I proceed?

Yes, ALI’s immigration consultant can also help you obtain a visa exten­sion.
You should apply for an exten­sion at least five (5) weeks prior to your visa expi­ra­tion date.
If you need to extend both your CAQ and your Study Per­mit, you should apply at least nine (9) weeks in advance. A visa exten­sion is usu­ally granted pro­vided that you present all the required doc­u­ments.
For more detailed infor­ma­tion, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca or call 1–888-242‑2100.